The Lloydminster E2 office is currently seeking a civil engineer with structural emphasis experienced with detailed design, project management and project execution in the oil and gas industry. The work will be primarily related to industrial facilities and industrial/commercial buildings. Projects include: modifications and/or upgrades to existing infrastructure in addition to new structural and foundation support systems. The structural engineer will be responsible for the completion of all technical activities on assigned projects, including but not limited to, the design of structural components such as foundations and the structure’s superstructure.
Education: Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (P.Eng.)
• Structural engineering design in an Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) office.
• Provide detailed engineering design and construction support services
• Work as part of a multi-discipline team to prepare engineering drawings, calculations, specifications, technical reports, field inspections, construction work packages and project documentation.
• Provide input into or prepare cost estimates, schedules, material specifications, bid documentation and project performance reporting.
• Communicate and interface regularly with client’s engineering, maintenance and construction personnel as well as vendors and contractors. Willingness to travel to client offices and field facilities is required.
• Licensed professional in good standing and/or eligible for licensure with APEGA and/or APEGS.
• 5+ years of engineering design and/or project management experience with oil and gas facilities. PMP accreditation considered an asset.
• A working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards (e.g. ABC, NBC, CSA A23.3, CSA S16, CSA 086, CSA S304, etc.)
• Experience with blast resistant structures is considered an asset.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to interact with team members and external clients.
• Proficient with MS Office Suite. Experience with MS Projects and Visio considered an asset.
• Work experience with AutoCAD and structural engineering analysis software such as S-FRAME, STAAD Pro, MathCAD and/or Tekla.
• Experience preparing and reviewing key engineering drawings.
• Ability to perform effectively as an individual or in a team.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills.
• A valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
Enhanced Engineering (E2) Consulting Ltd is a growing, family-oriented, engineering company that is committed to providing exceptional quality and service in all aspects of its business. The company is based in Lloydminster, Alberta. Any candidates that apply must be willing to relocate to Lloydminster if not currently living in the area.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
We thank all those interested, but only those selected for interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org